Friday, May 2, 2014

Growing Up

I told myself a post a day! And I haven't gone to bed yet so it is still the 2nd for me. It is after 1:30 in the morning. I have to work at 9:30 and I took a cab. WHO AM I?!?! (24601? Anyone? ANYONE?)

Tonight felt like a benchmark of sorts. Being with a friend who means the world to me, who I haven't seen in over a year. I think about what we talked about when last we met. And it wasn't good! Things were BAD!

And a sign of a good friend is someone who you can talk to out of the context in which you know them. Yes, I will always hold a grudge that she abandoned me to live in the city of angels as opposed to this concrete jungle where dreams are made.

Again, guys, COMMUNITY COMMUNITY COMMUNITY. That is really what Sondheim and Lapine were writing about in Into the Woods and I certainly think J.K. Rowling was writing about it a LOT in this little series you may have heard of called Harry Potter.

It is vital. And to also realize that our dreams have changed and evolved, because we have changed and evolved. It's a powerful thing. It kind of takes my breath away.

Bottom line: we're all trying to do our best to find our ideal version of happiness.


No comments:

Post a Comment